Collected by Jody Steinberg
You can cruise the fjords by either going on the "Norway in a Nutshell" tour or doing it on your own. Getting to the fjords isn’t as easy you think. You need to take a series of trains, buses and ferries. After a lot of research, I found that the...
Karl Johans gate 31, 0159 Oslo, Norway
Classical European grandeur, luxurious rooms, and a chance to feel the living pulse of history awaits those entering the Grand Hotel Oslo, easily among the finest examples of traditional Grand Hotels. From the royal ambience of the stately lobby...
Stortingsgata 24/26, 0117 Oslo, Norway
With a history dating back to 1900 and a deep connection to the National Theater (which sits just across the street), the Hotel Continental is a venerable figure in Oslo’s arts scene. The family-owned hotel has long prided itself on being a...
Tøyengata 53, 0578 Oslo, Norway
Norway’s most famous artist, Edvard Munch, was raised and studied in Oslo at the end of the 19th century. It’s here that that the painter, most famous for his work The Scream, decided to move beyond the then fashionable style of...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World