Collected by Kristin O'Connell
I can remember being a kid at summer camp and never wanting the day to end. Those that know little of Scandinavia are fascinated by the idea of short days in the winter and long days in the summer. As the long summer days stretch into infinity,...
Koster Islands, 452 04, Sweden
Gothenburg is a big city that embraces its natural surroundings: rocky shoreline, forests, and, of course, the coast. There are countless ways to take to the water, and Slottsskogen Park’s woodland trails let you glimpse distinctive Swedish...
456 50 Smögen, Sweden
Gothenburg is making waves for its locavore dining scene, notably Michelin-starred seafood spot Sjömagasinet and Norda Bar & Grill, which won the world’s best bartender award in 2015. Norda also showcases the talents of chef Marcus Samuelsson, who...
442 66 Marstrand, Sweden
Gothenburg has tales to tell of pirates and smugglers, battles against the Danes and Norwegians, and emigrants bound for America. The Gothenburg City Museum is a great place to get a crash course, and you’ll encounter history as you stroll around,...
Even though Smögen is said to be one of the most popular fishing towns, a Swedish friend of mine tells me it still feels like a secret, even for them. These beautiful cozy and colorful fishing huts line the pier with a rocky coastline in the...
457 40 Fjällbacka, Sweden
The picturesque fishing village of Fjällbacka is a photographer's delight. Red wooden cottages sit chock-a-block along the narrow streets around the tiny harbor. Boats at anchor are reflected in the serene waters, and local ferries ply the channel...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States