Collected by Ben Long
53026 Pienza SI, Italy
One of the most charming towns we visited during our May trip to Italy was Pienza, situated in Tuscany between Montepulciano and Montalcino (also worth a visit if you're in the area). Pienza is best known for its delicious pecorino cheeses,...
56048 Volterra, Province of Pisa, Italy
Make the steep ascent to this walled hilltop town and you’ll find yourself transported back in time—to the Renaissance, medieval, Roman, and even ancient Etruscan periods. Thought to be founded as far back as the 7th century B.C.E., Volterra is a...
Strada Comunale del Borghetto, 53026 Pienza SI, Italy
For two weeks, I volunteered as a WWOOFer at Podere Il Casale where after a day in the gardens, milking goats, or serving cheese tastings to tourists, we all gathered for a staff meal. We ate simple, delicious food like chestnut linguini with...
Località Sant'Antimo, 53024 Montalcino SI, Italy
Clad in white robes tied at the waist with cords, the handful of monks enter solemnly into the small ancient abbey and take their places in the choir pews. I closed my eyes and listened to harmonies fill the stone space. At the Sant'Antimo Abbey...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer