Collected by Laura C
Road from Puerto Jiménez to Carate, km 22., Osa Peninsula - Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
While we were staying in a really great cabin down off of Matapalo Beach on the Oso Peninsula in Costa Rica (Sueño Verde), we were often visited by families of Capuchin monkeys who would go foraging for insects and coconuts in the trees right...
Doilungdeqen, Lhasa, Tibet, China
We were eating lunch near a stupa after our horseback ride up the Drechen Valley, a hours from Lhasa. As we sat in the sun we watched a group of Tibetan women lunching slightly below us on the hill. Their husbands were bathing at a nearby hot...
RT 8, Morondava 619, Madagascar
Baobab trees, which grow up to 100 feet tall and 30 feet wide, carry a prehistoric grandeur worthy of their title as Madagascar’s national tree. Of the six ancient baobab species native to the African island, only the largest, the Adansonia...
Chandua Chhittupur, Shivpurwa, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002, India
India is a land of extremes – poverty and wealth, calm and chaos. Probably the city that best captures these contradictions is Varanasi, India’s oldest and most holy place. Varanasi lies on the banks on the Ganges River. It is a sacred city that...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign