Collected by Laura C
Road from Puerto Jiménez to Carate, km 22., Osa Peninsula - Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
While we were staying in a really great cabin down off of Matapalo Beach on the Oso Peninsula in Costa Rica (Sueño Verde), we were often visited by families of Capuchin monkeys who would go foraging for insects and coconuts in the trees right...
Doilungdeqen, Lhasa, Tibet, China
We were eating lunch near a stupa after our horseback ride up the Drechen Valley, a hours from Lhasa. As we sat in the sun we watched a group of Tibetan women lunching slightly below us on the hill. Their husbands were bathing at a nearby hot...
RT 8, Morondava 619, Madagascar
Baobab trees, which grow up to 100 feet tall and 30 feet wide, carry a prehistoric grandeur worthy of their title as Madagascar’s national tree. Of the six ancient baobab species native to the African island, only the largest, the Adansonia...
Chandua Chhittupur, Shivpurwa, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002, India
India is a land of extremes – poverty and wealth, calm and chaos. Probably the city that best captures these contradictions is Varanasi, India’s oldest and most holy place. Varanasi lies on the banks on the Ganges River. It is a sacred city that...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys