Collected by Frank Risso
Piz Gloria, 3825 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
From the Lauterbrunnen Valley south of Interlaken, you can take a series of cable cars up to the peak of the Schilthorn, across from the Jungfrau massif in the Bernese Alps. Silent, effortless, costly, and worth every Swiss Franc, you float up...
Gimmelwald, 3826 Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
Gimmelwald is a tiny farm community in the mountains above the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Hiking from here begins on nearly vertical trails along grassy pastureland. I've never hiked in a more beautiful place than this, where the view across the narrow...
9050 Appenzell District, Switzerland
My friend Brad & I took a train from Zurich to Appenzell. He told me about a brewery there that’s been around for five generations. We walked through the 0-degree windchill on snow-packed streets, and finally found our way to Appenzeller...
Grand Hôtel, 3961 Chandolin, Switzerland
I visited Zermatt in the off season, and the streets were mostly deserted. This offered me lots of quiet time to explore a town that is usually packed with skiers and trainloads of tourists in town to get a look at the Matterhorn (myself...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico