Collected by Miguel Carvalho
2710 Sintra, Portugal
In Cascais, a land of sand and sea, life takes on a slower pace for those accustomed to the Lisbon's urban buzz. But, I found something very curious going on in the nearby Quinta do Pisao in Sintra Cascais Natural Park. It started at the entrance...
Pousadas, 4720 Caires, Portugal
Portugal, particularly the northern area, has an enchanting feel about it with its strong Middle Age legacy that is very much alive through its forts, aqueducts and monasteries. It’s an incredible interesting country to visit and it’s a necessity...
2750 Cascais, Portugal
However beautiful, after trekking a few miles along the plateaued, meandering streets of Lisbon to a hostel, my group was more than ready for a relaxing trip to the beach. After just a 30 minute trip on the local trains, we stumbled up this view...
R. de Belém 84-92, 1300-085 Lisboa, Portugal
If you're visiting Lisbon, chances are you'll make your way to nearby Belem to see some age of Discoveries sites like the Tower of Belem or Monastery of Jerónimos. But here's something you must do while you're in the district. Eat pastry. This is...
Areia, 4480-069 Árvore, Portugal
My first day in Portugal, my friend, interpreter and guide Jorge Silva took me to the small village of Areia. We visited a restaurant called Tasca Tosca, which is Portugese for rough wine bar, named after its rough-hewn wooden tables and fantastic...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys