Collected by Geoffrey Sisson
Sultan Ahmet Mahallesi, Ayasofya Meydanı, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Walk into Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya) and look up to the heavens to see why so many conquerors and their respective religions claimed this basilica turned mosque turned museum as their own. Visitors will swoon over the Byzantine gilded mosaics,...
Budapest, Szentháromság tér, 1014 Hungary
Fisherman's Bastion was built in the late 1800s on Buda's Castle Hill not to provide protection, but rather as a lookout point—and this fairy-tale castle site, with its seven spired towers representing the seven tribe of Magyar (Hungarians)...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now