Collected by Tsyn Armour
200 W 41st St #1101, New York, NY 10036, USA
The Chuang Yen Monastery is 55 miles north of Manhattan but a million miles away from the city. The monastery grounds contain several prayer halls, dormitories, a dining hall, a memorial area, and a library. The perfect antidote to Times Square....
5 Chome-2-1 Tsukiji, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 104-0045, Japan
Fresh, frozen, and living, Tsukiji fish market pushes around 4,500 lbs of seafood a day. At 3:00am, while you’re out clubbing, 400 different types of seafood from tiny sardines to 600-lb tuna arrive by ship, truck, and plane from all over...
Northern Ireland, UK
The Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge was an experience well worth the 5.40 charged to cross. The views were stunning, including the approximately one kilometer stroll to the bridge itself, but especially of the caves nearby and Scotland in the distance....
Killadoon, Ard Na Mara, Co. Mayo, Ireland
My Irish friend, Aedín, and I were driving from Galway to Westport when suddenly she veered off the main road. "There's a great beach down this way, I think," she said to me. I was up for anything, seeing her country for the first time. We came...
Lislorkan North, Liscannor, Co. Clare, Ireland
On the Clare coast, not far from Ennis is O’Brien’s Tower built in 1835 by Sir Cornellius O’Brien to mark the highest point of the Cliffs of Moher and as some stories have it, to serve as an observation tower for Victorian tourists. The climb is...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico