Collected by Martel Crittenden
Kilauea Rd, Hawaii 96754, USA
On the north shore of Kauai sits the Kilauea Lighthouse which served as a navigation aide to ships on their way to and from the Orient. It's surrounded by the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge where one can spot all sorts of nesting seabirds....
1 Telegraph Hill Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Since it was constructed at the top of Telegraph Hill in 1933, Coit Tower has been an integral part of San Francisco’s downtown skyline. Named after a 1920s patron to the city’s firefighters—but not designed to resemble a firehose, as the urban...
Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Egypt's 2nd largest city, Alexandria is where I find a fusion of cultural influences, old and new, giving the city a distinct flavour unlike anywhere else in the world. Founded by Alexander the Great in 331BC, there are few Greco-Roman structures...
Hanalei Bay, Hawaii, USA
Kauai's Hanalei Bay may be one of the most magical places on the planet. I swear some of the locals start paddleboarding at sunrise and don't come back in until sundown. I've paddleboarded in calm waters, but this was my first time trying to...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December