Collected by Kareem Yasin, AFAR Contributor
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
On a hillside, just north of Antigua, stands this stone cross. From the top of Cerro de la Cruz (Hill of the Cross), you have sweeping views south over the city of Antigua with the magnificent Volcán de Agua, towering over the landscape. I would...
1300 Robert B Cullum Blvd, Dallas, TX 75210, USA
Everything really is bigger, and fried, at the Fair Grounds. The Texas State Fair is not to be missed in Dallas from September through October. Be sure to wave to Big Tex, ride the Texas Star ferris wheel and try something fried. Also make sure to...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter