Collected by Heather R Morgan
Samseong 2(i)-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Admit it--you've learned the dance and watched the clip; "Gangnam-style" is inescapable. (I even read that the Secretary General of the UN has called it 'a force for world peace.' Huh?) But what is "Gangnam" really like? This district, south of...
Số 01 Nguyễn Tất Thành, Phường 12, Quận 4, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
During my more than two-year stay in Ho Chi Minh City I’ve experienced things I’ll never forget more often than I can count. They’ve been unique experiences that made lasting impressions. While it’s shaken a lot of the scars from its war-torn past...
Hồ B52, Ngọc Hà, Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam
It took ages to find the (much acclaimed at AFAR) sunken B-52 bomber in Ha Noi. The twisted pile of metal hardly resembles a plane anymore, but it was interesting nonetheless. Even more fascinating to me was the 'lake' it had fallen into. This...
Bereketzade Mahallesi, Galata Kulesi Sk., 34421 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
We love visiting fish markets in all cities. We enjoyed one on the Asian side and the one by the Galata bridge where this was taken. The gills are exposed to show they are fresh plus for some flair. Istanbulite gave us a great walking tour.
Abiansemal, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia
If you call ahead and make reservations, you can still eat lunch at the "Big Table" with the staff at John Hardy's Jewelry compound outside of Ubud. With a showroom built entirely of bamboo, surrounded by rice fields and a state-of-the-art...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019