Collected by Bill Rose
Las Terrazas, Cuba
While in Cuba, I visited the nature reserve called Las Terrazas. There I found a coffee shop that served this capppuccino with a surprise cinnamon topping. With a specially designed stencil, the servers offer up a real Cuban coffee with an image...
1303 - CONTROL TOWER, Motor City - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
It's 3:30 in the morning, and the alarm clock goes off. In the distance, I can see the shape of Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. I struggle to remember why I'm waking up so early when on holidays and remember the exciting day...
New York, NY 10004, USA
An excerpt from a poem to commemorate the city in which I live: 'Like a divine answer to a selfish prayer, the moving vessel slams to a halting, screeching, shaking, screaming stop and you are swept up in an exiting flow of sheep or salmon or city...
1495 Villers-la-Ville, Belgium
In 1146 a dozen monks and some lay brothers, with the blessings of St Bernard (not the dog!) headed to what is now Belgium and founded the abbey. It had been neglected and then revitalized during its second golden age in the 1800s where some of...
48 Rue de Courcelles, 75008 Paris, France
In the 8th arrondissement of Paris, just down the street from the Parc Monceau, is this unexpected piece of...China? On a corner of the Place du Pérou, this 'pagoda' has been a landmark in this part of the French capital for decades. Ching Tsai...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 4Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years
- 5TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric