Collected by Berne Poliakoff
Island of Hawai'i, Hawaii, USA
If you have the time next time you're in Hawaii, instead of just hanging on the beach or catching point breaks, charter a sailboat for a few days. Tons of boats will take you out of the Big Island or out of Lahaina on Maui—not too expensive if you...
Waimea, HI 96743, USA
13,700 feet above sea level is the summit of Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii. Several companies offer tours for sunset viewing from the summit, followed by stargazing down at the visitors center at about 9000 feet. Incredible experience! You...
68-1400 Mauna Lani Dr, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
The Mauna Lani Bay Hotel on the Big Island has a federal grant to care for and study green sea turtles. They receive turtles hatched at Sealife in Honolulu and raise them at the hotel until they reach the age of 2-3 years old. Once they are old...
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, HI 96718, USA
The ire of Mount Kilauea reforges the world before visitors' eyes. Nicknamed "the World's Only Drive-In Volcano," it’s produced serious lava every day since 1983 with no signs of stopping. Pele—the fire goddess who lives here,...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years