Collected by L
Woodstock, NY, USA
About forty minutes after you start Overlook Mountain trail in Woodstock suddenly without any warning the ruins of Overlook Mountain House rise in their most haunted and cryptic look in front of you. Only four outer walls and main staircases of...
Vicarstown (Cosby), Vicarstown, Co. Laois, Ireland
When my husband told me about spending a week on a barge traveling the Grand Canal in Ireland, I couldn't have been more excited, already imagining how beautiful and peaceful—not to mention unique—the experience would be. Not a soul around at...
1 Chome-1-10 Ōtemachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken 730-0051, Japan
I've visited many battlefields and war memorials but nothing felt as surreal as visiting Hiroshima, where the USA dropped the first atomic bomb on Japan. The bomb exploded over the Atomic Dome, as it is known today that very strange day. Amazing...
Kinashicho Kinashi, Takamatsu, Kagawa Prefecture 761-8026, Japan
Okayama Prefecture is famous in Japan as being the birthplace of one of their national heroes: "momotaro", or the Peach boy. This hero was sent to earth by the gods to defend his loving parents and save his village from evil demons. Since...
1 Chome-4-１６ Chūō, Kurashiki-shi, Okayama-ken 710-0046, Japan
I love the novelty of Japanese tourist towns; how they take an idea such as Old Edo, a forgotten trade or a local dish and make it the theme in the entire village. The Town of Kurashiki is no different – these perfectly maintained buildings from...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico