Sardinia: Where to Eat, Drink, Stay, and Shop
Collected by Afar Magazine
Strada Provinciale 94 Panoramica C Smeralda, 07021 Olbia SS, Italy
There are few places that blend dramatic scenery, old-world history, and stellar food culture as beautifully as Sardinia. In early summer, wildflowers color the island, cherries are at their juiciest, and many regions are surprisingly tourist...
07043 Bonnanaro SS, Italy
Filigrana (filigree) is an ancient technique that weaves gold or silver into lacy patterns. Libero Patteri sells handcrafted filigrana jewelry, such as the ring pictured, at Libero Gioielli in Dorgali. Libero Gioielli. Via La Marmora 132,...
89038 Palizzi, Province of Reggio Calabria, Italy
Sardinia’s third-oldest lighthouse, which dates to 1866, is now a six-suite hotel, Faro Capo Spartivento. Accessible only via the hotel’s jeep, Faro Capo inspires visitors with Murano glass chandeliers, an offbeat library, and a Mediterranean...
Bastioni Marco Polo, 41, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Located near farm and sea, the northwest city of Alghero is the place to try regional specialties. The restaurant Angedras expresses the city’s Catalan influences with local ingredients; try the mussel-and-clam soup, or the grilled pecorino...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Natural Wonders Even Volcanologists Are in Awe of Mount Etna’s Latest Eruptions
- 3 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests
- 4 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID
- 5 Cities We Love The World’s 25 Best Cities of 2021