Collected by Michelle Summerville , AFAR Local Expert
Bastioni Marco Polo, 41, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Located near farm and sea, the northwest city of Alghero is the place to try regional specialties. The restaurant Angedras expresses the city’s Catalan influences with local ingredients; try the mussel-and-clam soup, or the grilled pecorino...
08022 Cala Gonone NU, Italy
Renting a boat in Cala Gonone was just amazing. We went up and down the beautiful coastline with white washed rocks and water that continuously changed different shades of brilliant blue. Stopping to discover beaches and caves, diving in the clear...
08100 Nuoro, Province of Nuoro, Italy
It took forever to get a reservation at this place. As luck would have it, the woman we rented our house from in Cala Gonone was the Aunt of the owner. So few people speak English in Sardinia, let alone speak it well. So finagling this...
Via Buddeu, snc, 07026 San Pantaleo OT, Italy
I only had 24 hours to spend at this absolute oasis of tranquility and indulgence. I had spent an entire week driving around the island of Sardegna and only booked myself for 1 night at Petra Segreta, about 40 minutes north of Olbia. Winding up...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now