Collected by John Oseid, AFAR Local Expert
The Latin name of Mare Nostrum leaves no doubt as to what’s on the menu. The seafood restaurant is the most upscale near the waterfront, but unlike others its menu goes beyond just octopus and mussels that come fresh from the Adriatic to include...
Visitors to Sarandë don’t generally come to the 16th-century Lekursi Castle for its haute cuisine—but who can resist a sunset nibble on a patio overlooking city and sea? The menu goes beyond the selection you might expect at a museum café and...
Rruga Astrit Karagjozi, Gjirokaster, Albania
Its interior is warmly rustic, but alfresco dining is as good as it gets at the Taverna Kuka in Gjirokastër, with its trellised garden and views of the minaret and the town’s famous “tower houses” up the hill. Come hungry and ready for generous...
Chimara's Port, Spilea, Himarë 9425, Albania
Guests at the seasonal Esperia Restaurant in the coastal town of Himarë enjoy superb views of the blue sea below its canopied terrace. In addition to the freshest of fish and seafood risotto, Greek cuisine is represented in dishes such as saganaki...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles