Collected by John Oseid , AFAR Local Expert
The Latin name of Mare Nostrum leaves no doubt as to what’s on the menu. The seafood restaurant is the most upscale near the waterfront, but unlike others its menu goes beyond just octopus and mussels that come fresh from the Adriatic to include...
Visitors to Sarandë don’t generally come to the 16th-century Lekursi Castle for its haute cuisine—but who can resist a sunset nibble on a patio overlooking city and sea? The menu goes beyond the selection you might expect at a museum café and...
Rruga Astrit Karagjozi, Gjirokaster, Albania
Its interior is warmly rustic, but alfresco dining is as good as it gets at the Taverna Kuka in Gjirokastër, with its trellised garden and views of the minaret and the town’s famous “tower houses” up the hill. Come hungry and ready for generous...
Chimara's Port, Spilea, Himarë 9425, Albania
Guests at the seasonal Esperia Restaurant in the coastal town of Himarë enjoy superb views of the blue sea below its canopied terrace. In addition to the freshest of fish and seafood risotto, Greek cuisine is represented in dishes such as saganaki...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum