Collected by Marta Ro
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The siege of Sarajevo during the Bosnian War provided theenduring image of the city for many Westerners. Bullet casings from that conflict have been turned into pens and vases, symbolic souvenirs of the city’s healing. Pick one up on Kazandžiluk...
Lukomir, Bosnia and Herzegovina
From Sarajevo, book a day trip to visit Lukomir, one of the last semi-nomadic villages in southern Europe. Tin-roofed stone houses stand on the edge of the half-mile-deep Rakitnica Canyon, with spectacular views of the Dinaric Alps. 387/(0)...
Sarači 8, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo is Europe without tourists. A stroll downtown takes you through time, from theBaščaršija district, with its 16th-century mosque and tiny Ottoman-era shops, into the Austro-Hungarian quarter, and finally to Yugoslavian-era apartment...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022