Collected by Pamela Weir
Megalochori 847 00, Greece
If you want to get away from the crowds in Santorini, try Megalochori - one of the prettiest, quietest little villages on the island. The town's location further inland, away from the caldera cliffs, removes it from the typical tourist itinerary....
Santorini, Pyrgos, Pirgos Kallistis 847 00, Greece
Thousands of years ago, a devastating volcanic eruption not only shaped Santorini's legendary caldera and cliffs, it also created a unique growing environment. Today, this volcanic soil nurtures special produce such as the Santorini Fava,...
Oia 847 02, Greece
This little private church is probably the most photographed stop in Oia. Our rented house was right next to it but lower on the steps so we could see lots of people getting lots of photos. Married couples would take their photos next to it,...
Oia santorini greece, Cyclades, Oía 847 02, Greece
You can't beat this - a delicious, freshly caught seafood dinner on the edge of the Aegean Sea. Sunset Taverna is located in Ammoudi, at the base of the cliffs in Oia, Santorini - dramatic scenery for simple, rustic, delicious food. From the...
Fira 1564, Thira 847 00, Greece
Santorini has much more to offer than just stunning beaches and cool-blue infinity pools. The Greek island - which some believe was once to home to the lost civilization of Atlantis - has incredibly unique gastronomy and special wine, the latter...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now