Santiago, Jan 2015
Collected by Jack Knutson
Pasaje - Simon González 8874, La Reina, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Filled with gourmet Chilean goodies—tinned fish, jars of jam and honey, coffee, oils, wine, and dried avocado bites—the shop also stocks handmade Chilean ceramics to serve it all on. This appeared in the May 2014 issue.
Nueva Costanera 4076, Vitacura, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Chileans love their ceviche just like Peruvians so it was no surprise when this Lima-based "cebichería" (belonging to chef Gastón Acurio), announced its opening in Santiago. Nestled among swish boutiques on Nueva Costanera, the city's foodies...
Av. Pedro de Valdivia 210, Providencia, Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Ask any Santiaguino the best sandwich they've ever had and they will wax on about el lomito. Marinated pork slow-roasted, shaved, and piled high onto a sandwich with copious amounts of mashed avocado, homemade mayo, and tomato slices--beer on the...
Av. Providencia 1353, Santiago, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Liguria is an institution in Santiago. It's the default for meeting friends and colleagues over chilled draft beers called schops, or dangerously loaded cocktails. The bar scene is animated and starts in the late afternoon around happy hour and...
Av. Italia 805, Providencia, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
The menu here has a Spanish influence (the owners met in Barcelona), with dishes such as patatas bravas and crema catalana. The look is both chic and rustic: brick walls, leather studded sofas, and two patios for alfresco dining. This appeared in...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises