Collected by Sandra Carter
Avenida Italia, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
the Chilean capital (much like Toronto) doesn't immediately endear itself. Its ugly, flat, spread out and traffic is mad. Also like my hometown it takes some research and good old fashioned legwork to discover it's charms. For me the Barrio Italia...
Santo Domingo 689, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Parque Metropolitano de Calle - Dominica, Recoleta, Providencia, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Floating over 2,500 feet above Santiago is the gleaming white statue of the Virgen de la Inmaculada Concepción atop Cerro San Cristóbal, St. Christopher's Hill—the highest point in the capital that is not the Andes. One of the most fun, and...
Esperanza 1388, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile
Chileans still, thankfully, eat with the seasons and crave different fruits throughout the year. In fact, during any given week, there are 400 fresh markets ("ferias"), in Santiago along with countless neighborhood "verdulerias" and fruit carts...
Las Condes, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Pueblito Los Dominicos, an artisan village in eastern Santiago, is named after the church bearing the same name. This quaint center offers many quality handicrafts, from leather goods to lapis jewelry, Mapuche silver, and textiles. The setting is...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022