Santarém's Top 5
If you didn't know better and stumbled upon Alter do Chão, 32 kilometers (20 miles) west of Santarém, you'd be well within reason to think Eden was laid out before you. From Alter's riverside promenade, you can see the Ilha do Amor...
The walls of Santarém's municipal museum—housed inside a bright yellow 19th-century riverfront mansion (the third-oldest structure in town)—are covered with frescoes painted by Pará artist João Fona, from whom the...
It's a one-woman show at Museu Dica Frazão, where the museum's namesake, Dona Dica (pushing 100 years old!), has labored over her clothing creations in this home workshop for three-quarters of a century. Using natural fibers like tree bark,...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun