Santarém's Top 5
If you didn't know better and stumbled upon Alter do Chão, 32 kilometers (20 miles) west of Santarém, you'd be well within reason to think Eden was laid out before you. From Alter's riverside promenade, you can see the Ilha do Amor...
The walls of Santarém's municipal museum—housed inside a bright yellow 19th-century riverfront mansion (the third-oldest structure in town)—are covered with frescoes painted by Pará artist João Fona, from whom the...
It's a one-woman show at Museu Dica Frazão, where the museum's namesake, Dona Dica (pushing 100 years old!), has labored over her clothing creations in this home workshop for three-quarters of a century. Using natural fibers like tree bark,...
- 1 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Tips + News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 3 Tips + News Visiting NY, NJ, or CT? You'll Have to Quarantine If You're From These 38 States
- 4 Air Travel How COVID Will Affect Holiday Travel
- 5 Tips + News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?