Santarém's Top 5
If you didn't know better and stumbled upon Alter do Chão, 32 kilometers (20 miles) west of Santarém, you'd be well within reason to think Eden was laid out before you. From Alter's riverside promenade, you can see the Ilha do Amor...
The walls of Santarém's municipal museum—housed inside a bright yellow 19th-century riverfront mansion (the third-oldest structure in town)—are covered with frescoes painted by Pará artist João Fona, from whom the...
It's a one-woman show at Museu Dica Frazão, where the museum's namesake, Dona Dica (pushing 100 years old!), has labored over her clothing creations in this home workshop for three-quarters of a century. Using natural fibers like tree bark,...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May