Santarém's Top 5
If you didn't know better and stumbled upon Alter do Chão, 32 kilometers (20 miles) west of Santarém, you'd be well within reason to think Eden was laid out before you. From Alter's riverside promenade, you can see the Ilha do Amor...
The walls of Santarém's municipal museum—housed inside a bright yellow 19th-century riverfront mansion (the third-oldest structure in town)—are covered with frescoes painted by Pará artist João Fona, from whom the...
It's a one-woman show at Museu Dica Frazão, where the museum's namesake, Dona Dica (pushing 100 years old!), has labored over her clothing creations in this home workshop for three-quarters of a century. Using natural fibers like tree bark,...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum