Santa Marta area
Collected by Stephanie Dosch
Extra straps for the colorful woven bags that seemingly everyone in Colombia owns, found here in the coastal town of Santa Marta. These are all handmade, sturdy as hell and sold off a beachfront blanket for the equivalent of about US$10 (less if...
Santa Marta, Magdalena, Colombia
This is an incredible jungle trek, through the rain forest and the mountains of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. It takes five days from Machete Pelao where you arrive by 4x4. Then you crosses mountains, rivers and coffee cultures. Every evening,...
Minca, Santa Marta, Magdalena, Colombia
One of the highlights of my time in Colombia was actually getting away from the beach and into the mountains. At Casa Loma in Minca the sun sets almost 180 degrees in front of you while you're perched up on the hill looking all the way down to the...
Perched atop a jungly hill overlooking Tayrona National Park's Caribbean coastline and mountains, the Ecohabs are one of the few places to stay in the park if you're not hiking in to camp or planning to sleep in a hammock. These are the jungle...
East of the city of Santa Marta on the Caribbean coast of Colombia lies the gorgeous, rugged Parque Tayrona, a true feast for all of the senses. The park doesn't have roads--you have to hike or go by boat in order to get past the entrance--so we...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map