Santa Cruz's Top 5
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
Calle Padre Herrera, s/n, 38200 San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Though Santa Cruz is Tenerife’s modern capital, historically the capital was La Laguna. It remains one of the most beautiful cities on the island, not to mention a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city center boasts pastel-colored mansions and...
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Vast lava fields surround Spain’s tallest mountain at Teide National Park. The 3,719-meter Teide Peak is a tempestuous volcano crowned by a deep caldera, surrounded by a national park with UNESCO World Heritage Site status. Hiking to the peak...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos