Few American downtowns are as pedestrian friendly as Santa Barbara's. Tree-lined State Street with its bricked-sidewalk paseos has stores from familiar names like Anthropologie and Guess to only-in-Santa Barbara shops like Salt (which specializes...
Among California's 21 Spanish missions, the late-18th-century national landmark Mission Santa Barbara is considered the "queen of the missions." Those interested in early California history will also want to stop by the whitewashed, red...
One of the finest Pacific Coast piers, as they're usually called in California, is Stearns Wharf. Built in 1872 for cargo delivery and passengers, the pier has survived earthquakes, storms and fires. Today, an entire subculture of colorful...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating