Collected by Lauren Ross
5995 Stagecoach Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93105, USA
This tavern was built as a stagecoach stop in 1886 and is located in the mountains above Santa Barbara. In the evening, dining here is romantic but during the day, you can see the beautiful views driving over the San Marcos pass. On a clear day,...
Cathedral Peak, California 93105, USA
A beautiful and challenging hike that leads to Cathedral Peak at 3,333 ft. The views are spectacular, even when the clouds are dense. Bring water and gloves for the hot rocks and stay on the trail....deviating is not recommended!
209 E Canon Perdido St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
One of the most beautiful patios I've ever seen with fire-pits at the tables and twinkle lights in the trees. The food was absolutely delicious!! The lemon chicken is a must-have. Call ahead of time to make reservations for the patio.
12 E Montecito St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Part hostel and part hotel, The Wayfarer is a sweet spot for those who want a playful, not-too-fussy place to rest their heads after a long day of traveling. Want to meet new friends? Book a bunk in one of four shared rooms. Prefer a quiet haven?...
116 E Yanonali St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
If you really want to geek out on wine, head to The Valley Project, where the staff will be thrilled to pour you tastes of chenin blanc and pinot noir, fill your head with info about local AVAs, and will even let you sniff soil samples from the...
131 Anacapa St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
The Lark is easily the best restaurant in the Funk Zone: The food is fresh, seasonal, and local, the dishes surprising yet always comforting, and the portions sizes generous (a rarity in this era of tiny plates). My perfect day in Santa Barbara...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico