Collected by AFAR Explorer
20120 Hernani, Gipuzkoa, Spain
A short bus ride out of the city leads straight to beer lover's paradise. Though Basque Country is not known for its beer prowess, the movement is gaining momentum. At the head of this growth is a group of American good ole boys, one of whom just...
Av. Navarra, 7, 20013 San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa, Spain
Alderdi Eder is the name of the tree-lined plaza near San Sebastián's town hall. Grab a bench, most of which are fairly private when the trees are green, and watch the peaceful bay. Take a ride on the recently-restored carousel for a more active...
Argentinar Errepublika, 2, 20004 San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa, Spain
Victoria Eugenia is a double-edged sword. A beautiful, red-velvet-swathed theater occupies the aboveground section of this building. Offerings feature biggish names in music, Broadway adaptations, and classical performances. Meanwhile, after...
Mount Ulia, 20013, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Most visitors never cross the river from the Old Part, and the vast majority overlook what has to be one of the most beautiful hikes from here to California. At the edge of Gros, a trail heads up some stairs (at the end of Calle San Francisco) and...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Air Travel TSA PreCheck Members, Get Ready to Start Using Facial Recognition
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December