San Miguel de Allende
Collected by Gail Barraco
Campanero 4 Puente, Del Campanero, Zona Centro, 36000 Guanajuato, Gto., Mexico
Near the old entrance to the city, I discovered my favorite cafe in Guanajuato. Santo Cafe is perched on a bridge that mirrors those that top the underground roads. The restaurant has a huge menu of breakfasts (eggs every style including...
Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato, Mexico
This has to be the most colorful thing I've ever seen in a cemetery. In the town of Dolores Hidalgo in central Mexico, singer José Alfredo Jiménez (1926-1973), "El Rey," is memorialized by this sombrero-and-serape tomb. The names of some of his...
Nemesio Diez 11, Centro, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Rosewood Hotel in San Miguel de Allende is a beautiful (and pricey) place to stay right in the heart of San Miguel. But even if you're not a guest, it's well worth a visit to its restaurant, 1826, which is named after the year the town adopted the...
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
You simply cannot get food like this in the tourist bars... If you are visiting San Miguel de Allende, Mexico the first thing you need to do is get yourself OUT of the main square. Find the market, head for the center of it and eat your heart out....
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May