Collected by Richard McGough
208 Calle O'Donnell, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
A favorite with the locals, especially government workers at lunch, this place is always packed, and with good reason. For $10 or less for an authentic and delicious lunch special (with a drink), this place is a steal. Try the asopao de camarones...
316 Calle Fortaleza, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
When I first found this store, I was overwhelmed. This place holds so many treasures, you'll need several trips to look through everything. Franky's is one of the most popular thrift/vintage stores in Puerto Rico, and likely only one of a few. The...
323 Calle Recinto Sur, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Enjoy an informal but tasty meal at Mojito's. The food and drinks are inexpensive and good quality and the service isn't bad either. Chicken, fish, seafood and steak are all presented nicely seasoned in generous proportions. Air-conditioning is on...
Lille Taarne Gade, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas 00802, USVI
Located on a side street in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas are these innocuous looking steps; but they are far from average. The 99 steps (they total 103 actually) lead to Blackbeard’s Castle, one of five National Historic Landmarks in the...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign