San francisco treats
Collected by Jill Greenwood , AFAR Staff
Golden Gate Bridge, California, USA
Steiner St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
An estimated 48,000 houses were constructed in San Francisco from 1848 to 1915 in the style typical of the day, with ornate woodwork characteristic of so-called Queen Anne design. Earthquakes and fires, most notably those of 1906, destroyed...
The Hog Island Oyster Farm website says it's open rain or shine, and they're not kidding. Lucky for us, we arrived at this funky roadside shack on the shores of Tomales Bay minutes before the skies opened up, giving us just enough time to devour...
2356 Polk St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
At the corner of Polk and Union Streets in Russian Hill is a quaint little hamlet specializing in gourmet coffee drinks (the Cuban Espresso sounds divine), frozen yogurt and - wait for it - rice pudding! Don't let the line up deter you, the wait...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May