Collected by Kimberley Lovato , AFAR Local Expert
1001 Minnesota St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
I woke up today to the foghorn blare. Fog is no surprise in San Francisco, but on a day it was supposed to be 72 degrees? So, I packed up and took myself to Dogpatch, south of downtown along San Francisco's eastern waterfront. This wonderful...
Dogpatch, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Is there anything more symbolic of San Francisco (bridges and cable cars excluded) than fire escapes? I loved the geometric mesh of the ladders, wires, bricks and window here. And the colors really pop too. All over Dogpatch, there are gorgeous...
Golden Gate Bridge, California, USA
North of the Golden Gate, along the ocean all the way to the giant redwoods, there stretches a somewhat desolate landscape littered with lighthouses and fog induced towns that inspire hitchcockian daydreams on a clear sunday afternoon road trip.
San Francisco Bay, California, USA
This year, the historic event comes to San Francisco. Golden Gate YC (GGYC) defends the trophy against the challenger selected in the Louis Vuitton Cup Regatta (July). Come September will the cup be passed on to a new champion? Or will GGYC retain...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign