San Diego: One Tank Wonders
Collected by Bethany Salvon & Randy Kalp , AFAR Ambassador
San Diego's unique proximity to the desert, mountains, international border and, of course, beaches creates an ideal environment for getaways that only require one take of gas!
200 Palm Canyon Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, USA
Palm Canyon Desert Hike in Anza Borrego. I highly recommend doing this hike if you are in the area. It was unbelievable to see all of this life flourishing under the hot desert sun. Around every corner there were different plants, animals, a...
2, Misión de San Javier 10643, VIA Corporativo Zona Urbana Río, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
Who would have thought there would be 5 star dining in Tijuana! The border city has been going through positive changes recently and breaking free from its past of crime and drug lords. Mision 19 is located in a modern high rise building in...
30806 Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651, USA
One of the benefits of having a rocky coastline (like the one in Laguna Beach) is that you get some amazing tide pool formations which offer the opportunity to view sea anemones and starfish (and various other saltwater critters) up close. The...
1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802, USA
A trip to Disneyland at Christmas Time is a holiday tradition in my family. You'll sure be feeling jolly and ready for the holiday after strolling through the Happiest Place on Earth. This amusement park does it right. They add the perfect touch...
34567 Rancho California Rd, Temecula, CA 92591, USA
I've always wanted to go on a hot-air balloon and now I can check it off my list. If heights are'nt your thing-let me try to convince you that its not scary at all! I had a peaceful and wonderful time and they even served free champagne, cheese,...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico