Collected by Rachel Mullinnix
Silver Strand, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
Bicycling the Silver Strand on Coronado is a relaxing way to enjoy a beautiful San Diego day. You can bring your own bike, or rent one for $7/hour. This cycling path is known as the Bayshore Bikeway and runs from Coronado via the Silver Strand to...
1548 Quivira Way, San Diego, CA 92109, USA
A 2.5 hour tour of Mission Bay in a kayak is even better on a full moon. And, if you go during the summer months, you will get a front seat viewing of the nightly fireworks that go off at Sea World right there over the bay. I did this a couple...
2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Birch Aquarium is located near the coastline. Although it is a small aquarium, they have some spectacular fish tanks and exhibits. The seahorse exhibit is really nice, the dragon seahorse has to be one of the most gorgeous creatures that lives in...
1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
The building housing the gorgeous botanical garden in Balboa Park is often photographed, as it sits rather picturesquely at one end of a beautiful lily pond. The structure was originally built for the 1915-16 Exposition and houses a large...
777 G St, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Noble Experiment is one hip place to have a drink in the Gaslamp neighborhood of San Diego. This under-the-radar bar is located inside the Neighborhood restaurant and the well hidden door is in the back, near the bathrooms. They've taken a stack...
7036, 660 K St, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now