Collected by AFAR Explorer
San Diego, CA, USA
Just a short drive north from downtown San Diego, the 2,000-acre Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve offers an idea of what Southern California looked like before its coastlines were developed. Experience the area by taking a short walk from the...
North Park, San Diego, CA, USA
North Park is a vibrant and busy neighborhood where you can find great shops, good restaurants, neighborhood bars and a variety of other businesses. Come see a show at the historic Birch Park Theatre- built in 1928 and home to the Lyric Opera -...
San Diego, CA 92129, USA
Covering more than 2,300 acres, Black Mountain Open Space Park features some 20 miles of trails just 45 minutes from downtown. Take the 2.5-mile hike up to the peak for spectacular views of downtown San Diego, Point Loma, Torrey Pines, and even...
2215 India St, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
You can get all their brews on tap, including seasonal specials, at Ballast Point. To tell the truth, it's happy hour all day long at Ballast Point. We usually go to the Little Italy location since we like to spend our weekends walking around...
Dana Point, CA, USA
Nature provides the ultimate canvas and expression. And sometimes you just have to be aware close to home, not just when traveling afar. This was taken at the end of my street as a rare southern Californian storm developed early one April morning....
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet