Collected by Mary littrell
Vicente Guerrero 33, Barrio del Cerrillo, 29220 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Na Balom is the name of the large home once owned by archeologist Franz Blom in San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, MX. The name is a play on words, the owner's name Blom with the Mayan word for Jaguar. Na Balom means the Jaguar House. Gertrudis...
Favio Abelardo Paniagua 54, Barrio de Guadalupe, 29230 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
Taller Lenateros is a small workshop employing about twenty people full time. They make paper with new and recycled fibers, flowers and natural dyes, and even use recycled broken CDs embedded in paper for shiny book covers. They print blank books,...
Periférico Norte 4, Ojo de Agua, 29220 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
One of the highlights of any trip to San Cristobal de las Casas is a visit to the Orquideas Moxviquil. Cisco Dietz, the owner, is a most knowledgeable person and is in love with rare plants. He designed and built the green house (pictured) for the...
San Nicolas 1, 29254 San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis., Mexico
As six months of living in San Cristobal drew to a close, I felt like a condemned prisoner deciding on a last meal. Dona Chayito's Restaurant had become my absolute favorite place for Cochinita Pibil. Senora Chayito usually serves it with rice,...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States