Collected by Karin Bouskos
Mönchsberg 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Fortress Hohensalzburg is one of the largest fully preserved castles in Europe. It graces the city’s skyline with a certain gravitas, drawing everybody’s attention to its towering white walls and showcasing the city’s immense cultural heritage....
Lindhofstraße 7, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
There are a smattering of Irish bars in Salzburg, popular as you'd expect them to be, but why on earth go to one of those when you can head down to the Augustiner, both a brewery and a monastery, and revel in a uniquely Austrian environment. Grab...
Getreidegasse 47, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Mozart's balls: Austria certainly has a way with words. While, many of the confiseries and tourist shops throughout Salzburg feature Mozartkugel, be sure to go for the ones in the silver and blue foil at Fürst. These are some of the few in...
Wiener-Philharmoniker-Gasse 9, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Salzburg’s MdM is so much more than a museum. First of all, it is actually two. One towers atop the Mönchsberg and boasts excellent views of the city, the other sits down blow in a beautiful spot near the Festspielhaus. The MdM Mönchsberg doesn’t...
Rudolfskai 38, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Austria is known for its Kaffeekultur, but for the best coffee around, skip the traditional coffee houses and stop by Kaffee Alchemie. The owner, a Norwegian coffee-aficionado, is a renowned judge of such events as the World Barista Championships....
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico