Collected by Whitney Alison
Mönchsberg 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Fortress Hohensalzburg is one of the largest fully preserved castles in Europe. It graces the city’s skyline with a certain gravitas, drawing everybody’s attention to its towering white walls and showcasing the city’s immense cultural heritage....
Perched on the banks of the Salzach River, Salzburg’s grande dame drips with old-world charm and Austrian tradition. The interiors brim with antiques, crystal chandeliers, fine art, and a traditional style that feels transportive,...
Giselakai 3, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Right on the banks of the Salzach River you'll find a particular gem of a hotel: The Hotel Stein is only a few minutes' walk of Salzburg's main attractions and also has a great terrace for either an afternoon coffee or a drink at night...
Mirabellplatz, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Follow the sound of music to the iconic Mirabell Palace and Gardens, where Fräulein Maria and the von Trapp children delightfully sang "Do-Re-Mi." Mirabell has become a dream destination for marriage ceremonies, boasting what some call the...
Kapuzinerberg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Three mountains emerge in the city of Salzburg – one of them being the Capuchin Mountain (Kapuzinerberg), named after a monastery at the mountain’s peak. Within a 10 minute walk immerse yourself in nature and discover a true paradise.
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Restaurants + CafésTar, Spaghetti, and Other Totally Real Ice Cream Flavors You Need to Try in Europe
- 4Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 5Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps