Collected by Whitney Alison
Mönchsberg 34, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
As the largest fully preserved fortress in central Europe, the more-than-900-year-old Hohensalzburg has long been the medieval crown above an elegantly baroque city. Its current appearance dates back to the 1495–1519 reign of...
Perched on the banks of the Salzach River, Salzburg’s grande dame drips with old-world charm and Austrian tradition. The interiors brim with antiques, crystal chandeliers, fine art, and a traditional style that feels transportive,...
Giselakai 3, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Right on the banks of the Salzach River you'll find a particular gem of a hotel: The Hotel Stein is only a few minutes' walk of Salzburg's main attractions and also has a great terrace for either an afternoon coffee or a drink at night...
Mirabellplatz, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Follow the sound of music to the iconic Mirabell Palace and Gardens, where Fräulein Maria and the von Trapp children delightfully sang "Do-Re-Mi." Mirabell has become a dream destination for marriage ceremonies, boasting what some call the...
Kapuzinerberg, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Three mountains emerge in the city of Salzburg – one of them being the Capuchin Mountain (Kapuzinerberg), named after a monastery at the mountain’s peak. Within a 10 minute walk immerse yourself in nature and discover a true paradise.
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet