Salt Lake City
Collected by Jennifer Gurss
1048 E 2100 S #110, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Epic brewing opened the Annex pub last year in anticipation of the Sugar House boom. A roster of high-octane beers (the sour apple saison clocks in at 7.7 percent alcohol) and fortifying food (pastrami burgers, beer-can chicken) immediately turned...
1330 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, USA
Once the site of Utah’s state prison, Sugar House Park is now a more wholesome place. In summer, the 110-acre tract holds free concerts and farmers’ markets; in winter, snow draws sledders and cross- country skiers from around the city. This...
2110 Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, USA
The Utah Brewers cooperative, a partnership between Wasatch Brewery and squatters craft beers, has an eye for where people drink. The latest proof: Wasatch Brew Pub, which serves playful beers (Polygamy Porter, anyone?) in a spot just off the new...
2212 S W Temple #14, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, USA
Thanks to loosened liquor laws, Utah’s distilling scene is flourishing—the Sugar House Distillery is the third small-batch distillery to open in the state in the last year. On an informal tour you can buy bottles of owner James Fowler’s vodka and,...
2165 S Highland Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84106, USA
Utahns are deep into DIY and have a soft spot for anything vintage. Unhinged, which recently moved into a bigger, brighter sugar house location, sells it all, from scruffy overalls to leather satchels made by salt lake–based QP collections. This...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast