Collected by Careena Tashiro-Townley
1031 Front St, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
Ride through Sacramento's Old Town like they did in the "old days..." in a horse-driven carriage. You won't have a care in the world as you pass all those other pedestrians weighed down by all their taffy shopping. Hear about some of the stories...
3930 W Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822, USA
The Sacramento Zoo makes for a perfect family outing in Sacramento. Located in one of the city's loveliest neighborhoods, Land Park, the zoo covers 14 acres and houses 140 native, rare, and endangered animal species. Highlights include lemurs,...
400 P St #1203, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
Run by passionate artisanal coffee roasters, this coffeehouse offers a wide variety of brews that emphasize both quality and integrity thanks to sustainable farming practices. Knowledgeable, friendly baristas can help you navigate the options, and...
3901 Land Park Dr, Sacramento, CA 95822, USA
This is a place where kids can be kids and burn off lots of energy while feeding their imaginations. Fairytale Town is a cute non-profit park across the street from the Sacramento Zoo. Kids love this place (mine included!). Nursery rhymes and...
1518 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818, USA
Tower Cafe, which sits next to the landmark Tower Theater and original Tower Records, is a favorite among locals. The outdoor garden seating makes you want to stay for a long, relaxing meal; the bubbling fountains (with birds stopping for quick...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles