Russian River & Bohemian Highway
Collected by Maggie Stanphill
3611 Bohemian Hwy, Occidental, CA 95465, USA
When I venture in or near the little town of Occidental Howard's Station Cafe is my favorite place to visit. Either to grab a coffee or smoothie for the road or to sit and linger over a great simple local meal. Bring cash and know they close their...
Bodega Bay, CA 94923, USA
Driving in California north of San Francisco makes for a terrific road trip. Vineyards, ocean, redwoods - the scenery is diverse and stunning all at once. One particular stretch I love is from a little town called Occidental down to Bodega Bay....
20 Healdsburg Ave, Healdsburg, CA 95448, USA
The Russian River Valley in Sonoma County is a wonderful day trip from San Francisco. Pack a picnic and reserve a raft from SOAR Inflatables, and spend a summer day moseying down the river. Go early or late in the season to avoid crowds and have...
Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA
Korbel Champagne Cellars produces sparkling, still wines, and aged brandy. Stop in to enjoy four complimentary tastes from their wide selection of wines ranging from dry to sweet. They have daily tours of the winery and gardens located on-site,...
16228 Main St, Guerneville, CA 95446, USA
Fuel up for a hike at the nearby Armstrong Redwoods reserve at the Big Bottom Market in Guerneville. You'll find snacks, such as cured meats, artisanal pickles, and local cheeses, to enjoy in the picnic area. For something heartier, order the...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now