Collected by Alexa Rae Johnson
Griboyedov channel embankment, 2Б, Sankt-Peterburg, Russia, 191186
Late summer is the time to explore the 42 islands that make up St. Petersburg. Daylight stretches past 11 p.m., and a burgeoning arts and nightlife scene keeps locals on their toes well into the bright nights. On July 31, the party hits the port...
Kronshtadt, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 197760
By Nick Marmet
Swanky Dom Byta, above, (12 Razyezzhaya) has a name that means fix-it shop. Throwback teapots and ashtrays, not to mention spinning disco balls, evoke the ’70s.
Its name means lighthouse, but spotting Kafe Mayak (20 Mayakovskaya) is...
Kronshtadt, Saint Petersburg, Russia
Russian pies. Why in the world do people not talk more about these things. We unknowingly stepped into this wonderful smelling cafe and of course, ended up ordering almost every single type of pie they had to offer. Salmon, rabbit, egg with green...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now