Collected by Emily
Yakimanka District, Moscow, Russia
We visited various sights in Moscow. The guide we had hired took us to an out of the way park where this memorial had been placed for the victims of Stalin's many pograms. It was quite striking but perhaps even more so, as at the same park were...
Tverskoy Boulevard, 26А, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Chef Andrey Makhov of Cafe Pushkin recently contributed to AFAR, and opened his second location in New York. But if you are in Moscow, you will want to check the original out. Open 24 hours, with a great vibe. You may want to ask for Dmitri, a...
Chistoprudny Blvd, 3, Moskva, Russia, 101000
One of the highlights of my visit to Moscow was taking a leisurely walk along the boulevard ring. Lots of nice restaurants and bars to the either side to stop at, but many locals are just hanging on the benches, drinking beer, listening to music...
Bol'shiye Porogi, Leningrad Oblast, Russia, 187330
I didn't actually find out that this was such a big deal until I got to St. Petersburg, but let me tell you, it's a big deal. The Neva River flows through the city of St. Petersburg with connecting bridges all along its path. These bridges open...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 4News and OpeningsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Art7 Real-Life Places in France That Inspired Celebrated Paintings