Ruined: The Best Roman Ruins
Collected by Angie Orth
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
I'll be honest, the primary reason I went to Jordan was to see Petra. But rather than fly in and out, I decided to spend a week exploring the country. One day I went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was beautiful - well preserved with the avenues...
80045 Pompei, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Pompeii was partially destroyed and buried under 20 ft of ash in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. Pompeii was lost for about 1500 years until its initial rediscovery in 1599 and it continues to be excavated. The beautiful frescos and...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is