Ruined: The Best Roman Ruins
Collected by Angie Orth
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
I'll be honest, the primary reason I went to Jordan was to see Petra. But rather than fly in and out, I decided to spend a week exploring the country. One day I went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was beautiful - well preserved with the avenues...
Flavijevska ul., 52100, Pula, Croatia
This is the ancient Roman Arena at Pula on the Istria Peninsula. Istria, which is currently a part of Croatia but has also been part of been a part of the Venetian Empire, the Austrian Empire, Italy, and Yugoslavia. As a result, the area is a...
80045 Pompeii, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
One of the most erie things I have ever come across in my travels were the human casts from the remains of the Pompeii citizens. Looking at them one can only image the terror and complete helplessness they endured during the last minutes of their...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019