Collected by Donald T Barkemeyer
6103 S Coulter St suite 200, Amarillo, TX 79119, USA
Excellent gelato tops off a feast of the best food on old Route 66. Both the decor and the menu take their inspiration from 1960s spaghetti westerns: Try the Morricone cheeseburger, the Van Cleef (pulled pork), or the Eastwood (bacon-wrapped pork...
181 Main St, Oatman, AZ 86433, USA
For those travelling Route 66, the wiggly road through the Arizona landscape will lead you right into Oatman. The former mining town is home to friendly people, many antique shops, roaming burros and this unique place, the Oatman Hotel. Oddly...
811 W Hopi Dr, Holbrook, AZ 86025, USA
Well I have! When I traveled Old Route 66 this fall I had to stop at the iconic Wigwam motel in Holbrook on Hopi Drive. The rooms are small and not the most luxurious but they are clean and cozy. A must experience for anyone travelling the...
Francisco - Armijo - Otero Addition, Albuquerque, NM 87102, USA
For the countless road-trippers who still follow the old 'Mother Road' through the western U.S., Albuquerque is one of the highlights. Much of the modern city might seem indistinguishable from suburban anywhere, but if you're on your way to the...
Lebanon, MO 65536, USA
Driving on Route 66 in Lebanon, Missouri is a blast from the past. There are many great Americana buildings to find and photograph. Most of them are no longer in use but some like the Munger Moss Motel are still operating. It's a great town to...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local