Collected by Alison Miller
Via Guido Reni, 4/a, 00196 Roma RM, Italy
Maxxi, Rome’s first major contemporary art museum, cost 150 million and took renowned architect Zaha Hadid 10 years to complete. The result—a vast, bold space with exhibits on architecture and art—proves that modern Rome can produce masterpieces,...
Via Pietro de Coubertin, 30, 00196 Roma RM, Italy
Italian architect Renzo Piano's Auditorium Parco della Musica, which was inaugurated in 2002, is a concert and cultural event venue in the Flaminio district north of the city center. This stunning complex hosts musical concerts, art exhibitions,...
Piazzale Napoleone I, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Encompassing early 200 acres of rolling parkland, Villa Borghese is Rome's verdant heart and everyone's favorite place for an afternoon walk. The vast gardens are criss-crossed with picturesque paths, where visitors can meander past ancient...
Carrer de la Balanguera, 37, 07011 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain
When we decided to visit Palma we were looking for a nice boutique hotel with personality. We were lucky because we found a little gem. Hotel Balanguera is a heaven of peace with an impressive design. Our room was beautiful. Simple, rustic,...
Carrer de Muntaner, 2, 08011 Barcelona, Spain
Check out regional specialties like ensaïmadas, a typical sweet pastry from Mallorca that is often stuffed with cabello de ángel (made from caramelized pumpkin), whipped cream, or chocolate only a short walk from Plaça Catalunya. Throughout...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles