Collected by Roger Zorovich
00184 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
No matter how many postcards you've seen of Rome's iconic Colosseum, you just don't get it until you pass beneath its crumbling arches. Built by Emperor Vespasian in 72 C.E., the huge amphitheater held 50,000 spectators and marked its...
Via Guido Reni, 4/a, 00196 Roma RM, Italy
Maxxi, Rome’s first major contemporary art museum, cost 150 million and took renowned architect Zaha Hadid 10 years to complete. The result—a vast, bold space with exhibits on architecture and art—proves that modern Rome can produce masterpieces,...
Khasab Coastal Rd, Khasab 811, Oman
Oman is an amazing country, off the radar for most travelers and tourists. The Musandam Peninsula is separated from the rest of Oman by the United Arab Emirates. The peninsula lies across from Iran on the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian (Arabian)...
At the summit of Oman’s Jabal Akhdar (Green Mountain), you’ll find the new Alila Jabal Akhdar resort, whose flat rooftops are a nod to traditional Omani homes. You can hike the craggy Al Hajar Mountains by day and, by night, take a dip...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter