Collected by Lori Rizzo-Cummings
Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Fontana di Trevi is, as it should be, one of the most visited landmarks in Rome. Seeing it is worth the blind stumble through narrow stone streets and alleyways. But do so at night (and in the rain, if possible) to be rewarded with...
Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Every Saturday and Sunday on Via S. Teodoro, tucked just off Circus Maximus, Rome's best farmer's market takes place. It's run by Campagna Amica, an Italy-wide organization that promotes local, sustainable agriculture—so all of the products sold...
Via Marmorata, 47, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
We stopped at Volpetti to pick up a few items for a picnic on Aventine Hill in the Garden of Oranges. Problem is, you can't just pick up a few things here. Everything is wonderful. The food combined with the view from the Aventine makes for a...
Via dei Banchi Vecchi, 14, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Quietly inhabiting the lovely Via dei Banchi Vecchi, Il Goccetto (not to be confused with the Italian pro-marijuana organization by the same name) is a secret hidden in plain sight: a cozy, wood-paneled wine bar with 18th-century ceiling...
Via dei Fienaroli, 5, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
While in Rome, we decided to try a cooking class - what a great experience we had! From the step by step lessons to the very likable humorous Chef Andrea, a great time was had by all. Not to mention some of the best food I've ever had! We all had...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania