Collected by Shirley Smith
Sighisoara, Romania is a well preserved medieval city founded by the Transylvanian Saxons. The city is a UNESCO World Heritage site, famous for its citadel, clock tower and town square. While climbing the old clock tower, I was able to capture...
Piața Mică 26, Sibiu 550182, Romania
I visited Sighisoara, Romania in 2011. This city is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Founded by Transylvanian Saxons in the 12th Century, Sighisoara is the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler. The...
Strada Luica 164-168, București, Romania
In Bucharest, Romania, I visited a craft fair in a local city park. There were many colorful items for sale, but these painted eggs really caught my eye. While it may not be wise to have all your eggs in one basket, this display of eggs and their...
Aleea Peleșului 2, Sinaia 106100, Romania
Peleș Castle is a Neo-Renaissance castle built for King Carol I of Romania between 1873 and 1914. The Castle was used as a location for the film The Brothers Bloom. The exterior of the castle is breathtaking and married flawlessly to the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now