Collected by Robin
Lake Titicaca is the largest navigable lake in the world. It's worth taking advantage of it's navigability to find your way onto a boat to Isla Taquile from Puno. The island is inhabited by a cooperative society of people who welcome travelers to...
Camino La Granja, 12600 Montevideo, Uruguay
The place is not easy to find as there are no signs directing you to it. I came upon the cheese shop while driving from Montevideo to Colonia. You can sample, buy and take home packed queso/ cheese, honey, wine, dulce de leche & more. The owner,...
111 Chambers St # A, New York, NY 10007, USA
I didn't have change for the meter, but then I looked up and saw the bank. Problem solved! But then I realized it was closing in 30 seconds. I had a decision to make... Do I take a shortcut to the teller and get the change...or do I waste money in...
The best experiences are those that need no words. At the top of Murchison Falls in Uganda, even if you wanted to throw words into the misty air, you’d need to be very determined to yell them loud enough for anyone to hear over the roaring of the...
Carretera a San Antonio Palopó km 6.8, San Antonio Palopó, Santa Catarina Palopó, Guatemala
No trip to Guatemala is complete without at least a couple days of R&R at one of the best hidden lakeside hotels in the world, Casa Palopo. By the numbers: 7 -- the number of villas the hotel has. 5 -- the amount of stars I'd give this place. 3 --...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village