Collected by Robert M Mangam
We visited on a side trip we were on ...Danube river cruise.
5510 NE Breyman Orchards Rd, Dayton, OR 97114, USA
Red Ridge Farms has been growing grapes in the Dundee Hills for 40 years. In 2005, it added olives to its repertoire, becoming the only commercial producer of olive oil in Oregon. Call ahead to visit the mill and sample such varieties as Arbequina...
15155 NE North Valley Rd, Newberg, OR 97132, USA
In the mid 1980s, Michael Etzel and his brother-in-law, influential wine writer Robert Parker, bought a former dairy farm in Yamhill County and transformed it into a pinot noir vineyard. Etzel’s three pinots have consistently earned high praise...
12470 NE Rowland Rd, Carlton, OR 97111, USA
1410 OR-99W, Dundee, OR 97115, USA
Paulée is an ambitious restaurant you’d expect to find in Los Angeles or New York—not in sleepy Dundee, Oregon. Executive chef Sean Temple uses ultralocal ingredients (the pork comes from a farm down the road) in such dishes as heirloom carrots...
2525 Allison Ln, Newberg, OR 97132, USA
With its indoor pool and lavish spa, the Allison Inn & Spa is the most comfortable place to recharge between Willamette Valley wine tastings. At the restaurant Jory (named for a local soil that’s ideal for growing pinot noir), chef...
Stephansplatz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
In the heart of Vienna sits St. Stephen's Cathedral. Built in the late 12th century, it's a grand piece of beauty borrowing both from the Romanesque and Gothic styles of architecture. Unlike St. Vitus in Prague, St. Stephen's shimmers with light...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys